The girledworld BIG IDEAS LEADERSHIP Summit is a two-day interactive educational event designed specifically for girls in Years 7 to 12 in Australian secondary schools.
THE girledworld SUMMIT 2017 FEATUREd an inspiring lineup of global startup founders, stem leaders and industry EXPERTs
SO WHAT DID A DAY AT THE SUMMIT INVOLVE?
Designed as a dynamic, informative, empowering and interactive educational event, the girledworld 2017 Summit featured:
High-profile female speakers from across the globe who are paving the way in business, leadership and entrepreneurshiP
Engaging expert panel discussions on coding, STEM and the future of work in AN age of exponential technology AND DISRUPTION
Entrepreneurship workshops (How to Fail Safe, Pitch Perfect, Bring Big Ideas To Life)
FACILITATED Workshops in Leading Self, Leading Teams, PUBLIC SPEAKING, PURPOSE-DRIVEN Change-making and how to influence for good
Immersive future technology sessions including VR, AI, AR and Mixed Reality educational tools
Finance 101: EQUIPPING, Empowering and educating girls WITH financial literacy by growing money mindsets
Drill-downs on THE GENDER GAP, diversity, and why it's good for business, good for Australia and good for the globe
Innovation made easy with age-specific interactive breakouts on Design Thinking, Agile, and Lean Startup approaches
Plus awesome and inspiring entertainment from amazing young talent!
GIRLEDWORLD - EQUIPPING, EDUCATING, EMPOWERING GIRLS FOR THE FUTURE OF WORK
The girledworld Summit was our inaugural event and served to equip, empower and educate girls in Year 7 - Year 12 with:
- Enterprise skill-sets in entrepreneurship and startup business modelling
- Opportunities to connect with incredible female mentors, entrepreneurs, business women and role models
- Toolkits in innovation including Design Thinking, Lean Startup and Agile practice
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of the latest exponential technologies in Edutech (VR, AR, Mixed & AI)
- Education about how startup is driving the new world economy and why Australia needs innovation to thrive
- Effective communication strategies, and the soft and hard skills to drive leadership capabilities
- Expert advice from entrepreneurs on building big ideas, designing businesses and how to tell a story that matters
- Empowering knowledge about unconscious bias, respect, the power of diversity and why closing the gender gap is good for the future of Australia's economy and good for everyone.
We are all about impact and making a real difference in the educational experiences, learning outcomes and career pathways of the girls we engage.
We are working with schools, government, industry and startups across the world to build an edtech platform that gives girls access to real world role models, entrepreneurship and leadership toolkits and windows to the future of work.