Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say.
Sadly, we've got some live examples of this playing out in the world right now.
In the face of ineptitude, fake news and politics abject of integrity, it's easy to question what real leadership is.
Lucky for us we get to meet, chat with and learn from exceptional leaders on the girledworld trails, and have found striking similarities in the stand outs. (Meet some of these outstanding female leaders at the Girledworld Summit 🔝)
Here are our TOP 5 take-aways:
1. Leadership is less about being loud and brash and more about sitting back to listen, think and take in a diverse suite of opinions, advice and expertise.
2. Leadership is not about domination but collaboration, and working with those around you to build a whole greater than the sum of its parts.
3. Good leaders make you feel safe through consistency, transparency and fostering a culture of respectful collaboration.
4. Leadership is always about learning, not pretending to know it all - and always staying curious.
5. Leadership is a choice, not a given. You have to earn it - with integrity, not accolades.
When you're at work, school, uni, travelling, at home or wherever you find yourself this week, remember this: Leadership is at its core about knowing yourself through knowing others. Its key action is building others up not keeping them down, so you're always surrounded by people who have diverse capabilities, high team trust, clear shared values and a deep commitment to the collective vision.
What sort of leader are you?
We're building the next generation of female leaders at the girledworld Summit to give girls a chance to immerse in a big weekend of education, empowerment, inspiration and transformation.
See our big Summit speaker and workshop program for the full lineup!
LEADERSHIP CAN BE TAUGHT.
Book your tickets now. ✖️✖️
@girledworld Building the next generation of female founders and leaders, one girl at a time.